View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth 850 Off Highway

Well I spent a few more hours on the KW today. Wow the time is really adding up in this one. It's only been 4 months but there has been more time than I would like to count go into this thing! Todays list includes new boards for the headache rack and making up some bits and pieces to mount the trailer axles to the walking beams. I was going to machine more of the pieces but I decided it would be easier and waste less material if I bent up some sheet for the top and machined the bottom. I made everything up as one unit and then cut it into four once all the machining was done. Then I had to make some U bolts and cut a bunch of rubber strips. Once all this was done I stuck it all together and took the truck and trailer outside for a couple measurements and some pictures. The truck and trailer are about 68 inches long and I'm guessing pushing very close to 50lbs with the battery. I still have to add some bracing and end caps on to the parts I made today and there is still more welding to do on the trailer frame. The list of big things is pretty short now though so that's a relief!

Some pictures of todays progress...

Reg