View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 05:23 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Thanks apfubar! So right about the eyesight and the steady hand!

===========

Been raining all day here, so had time to upload the pictures of the frame.

Starting out with the easy bit, the strengthening frame bit for the roll on roll off kipper.

A bit of a challenge getting the nuts on the bolts

Got it.

Bolted in the frame (a bit of counting the holes here, but not as bad as it seems). The holes are really to size, so a quick twist back and forth with a small round file works miracles in inserting the bolts.

The other bits that are part of the frame. The one in the red box is the rear cross beam that comes with the kit. I ordered the one (the biggish brass bit) that allows installation of the Rockinger trailer coupling.

Installing rear cross beam

Installing some bits from the servo kit while it's easy to get access. The guides for the bowden cable from the differential lock, the servo holder for the diff lock, and the rear bits that will hold the sub frame and the rear bumper.

So, after about 2 hours ...

The holders for the bowden cable are marked out.

The servo mount for the differential lock, nicely made so the servo sits straight in the frame.

A bit confusing really, I got a manual for the MAN TGS which is slightly different from how the MB Arocs goes together. For the rest, the fit of the pieces is perfect and plenty of spare screws with it. Mentioning screws, I still need to cut the bolts to size. Haven't done that yet because I'm still trial fitting the pieces at the moment and might take everything apart again to paint before re-assembling.

Will email Scaleart to see if they got around to update the manual by now.

Next instalment tomorrow weather and time permitting.

Cheers, Stephan