Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbilt 6x6 Medium Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Very sharp looking truck!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry56 View Post
Are the leaf springs you used tempered..?? I saw you drilled new holes, did you have to anneal the spring or something... I haven't had any luck drilling leaf springs, any tips would be great.
I doubt they're tempered and I didn't temper them myself. They're just stock F350 springs and yeah, it was a pain to drill through them.

So we got a bit of snow on Sunday here in Austin, Texas. That's not a common occurrence for us so I figured I'd take the opportunity to take a few pics and see how it drives in some icy conditions. Well, it did great!

Then last night we got some real snow. Like....."are we even in Texas" kinda snow! Depending where you measured, we easily got 4-7 inches, which is crazy for us. Well, of course I had to test out the truck in deeper stuff today. Overall, it did really great and had plenty of traction. The limitation, as one would expect, is the low hanging front bumper and the overall low right height. Nonetheless, I was pleased!

I also got some Lesu steps for the frame, but only have one installed at the moment.