View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 08:44 AM

PetervR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: question about a peterbilt 320 compact coe

I'm working with autocad al day. adding the picture to a drawing and draw the line's across is isn't a problem for me.
its just how to get the right scale width.
I started with the drawing having the cab at 155mm width without the fenders ( wedico scale).
there aren't that many pete 320's in europe so running in to a real one and comparing it to the model 1 on 1 is onlikely, so there is some freedom that I have builing the cab.

When I'm going te build the cab. it's probebly going to be a resin one. those cabs are more resitant to modeltrack accidents. so cardboard first. silicone next. than the resin.
it usually works fine fore me
now I'm working on a DAF XF tamiya scale
http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/...ya-schaal.html

it's still cardboard. and the resin will be next at the end of summer for this one.

and I mailed the company where picture's come from, but there isn't an answer jet. but there is still time, I'm not in a rush.
there is a nice pete roll off. in the highway bit of this forum. I want to build an ugly one.
there is the dutch version of the rolloff on my shelf with the daf conventional cab, and i thougt it was nice to have the american version off the work truck next to it. and beeing able to swap the dumpers
first things first. there is a drawing to be made

grz PetervR

Last edited by PetervR; 07-05-2012 at 09:00 AM.