View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fumotec: PC490LC

So at this point....I have never wired in a slew ring for the track-drive motors, so I reached out to Frank and asked him for some pointers on how to properly wire them by way of the slew ring. After asking the question ( which he relied to in less than an hour while on holiday) I was telling him how much I enjoyed the challenge of building his model without directions. To which his reply was a “wide eyed”..... you mean the manual was not included!?!?!? After that I was elated that there actually was a manual!!! The build has been pretty self- explanatory to this point anyway.......but I couldn’t imagine how easy it would be following a guideline of the process. Lol. Frank sent me the link, then I downloaded the color booklet!!! There are no step by step written instructions per say, but the color pictures of each step are great explaining the placement of each part and piece. Any of the writing in the manual are in German as to be expected but very easily figured out with the help of Google translate. At this point I went back and reviewed from the beginning the steps that I had gone through.(what screws were placed where, what shims, bearings etc.) Once up to speed on what I had only misplaced I only found 2-shims incorrectly placed in the right angle track dive assemblies. I had also assembled the track frames ahead of what is set forth by the manual.
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343

Last edited by Snochaser; 09-02-2018 at 09:38 AM.