View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Volvo FH12 Flatbed

As my other build is still in the pipes... I've decided to spark my creative flame with a new build, and a whole new side of model trucks.

I went hunting for project rigs with a European style, and Ryman showed me his Globetrotter that he wanted to let go, and gave me a price that I couldn't refuse! A few days later, and a massive package awaited me on my doorstep!

After unraveling all of the bubble-wrap, I pulled out my new rig. It was such a rush of excitement and it made me know that good times are coming. This truck has so much potential, it is overwhelming! It looks even better in person.

Well, enough "feelings" talk. Let's get down to business.

This rig is a little rough around the edges, but everything is fixable. It currently has a two-tone paint job (or something), a standard Tamiya silver can motor, and it is running Fulda MultiTonn 2's up front.

Ryman also hooked me up with some extra goodies, and brought my project that much closer to completion! Thanks again Riley!

Here's what you have been waiting for:

Optional spoiler...

Here are the Fulda front tires:

Have we been drifting?

Oh yeah, the cab tilts!

So now that you have seen the truck, I'll tell you my plan. I'm thinking that the spoiler has to go... sorry. I will be swapping out the Fuldas to see how the truck rides normally, and then I will looking into a frame extension, cab trim, new paint, and a flatbed.

I'm thinking something like this:

Without the crane and 3rd axle.

Paint will be white with black highlights. Looking forward to this one!
Thanks again to Ryman, I really can't say it enough!

Next step is a tear-down. I'll post pictures of the process.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Bigrigger; 07-15-2013 at 11:45 PM.