View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Daycab workhorse Pacific P510 P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Very nice Lou. The trailer looks great, painted to match the truck. How did you make the antennas on the mirrors. I like they have springs at the base. They probably sway a little bit while the truck is driving too. I'll bet that looks cool.
Thanks Nate They are more or less static and JB welded in place..i just slipped some short lengths of BIC lighter springs over the the Ant ..great idea though ...may do some mods in the future .I was thinking of stopping at the music store and checking out the guitar strings..Im at that point where im adding some of the small details ..still rear mud guards to do as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
I have always wanted to put a loose spring on my static models with a good weighted antenna and a heavy top so they would sway all over the place
Btw I love this build and would love to put it on my roads.
Thanks Very very much ..those kind of add on seem to add a bit more realizam. Ive seen some of the stuff some of the guys do with the 1/24 static models ..amazing some of the detail that goes into them ..My eyes and pateints are not quite that good ..anyway Thanks again Jo