View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: how to change controls on Spektrum DX6i?

JensR I do appreciate the other views of how to do things. I did make an error though on an ESC you do need the ground wire to the receiver I found that out when I started running multiple ESC's in a truck and I removed the ground instead of power in the lead so I was not feeding BEC voltage from both ESC's and the ESC wont work with out the ground you have to unhook the power wire.

I did some testing today when I got home with the dual switch. I did one switching the power (red) and the other with the ground (black) and I found out that you can not switch the ground two servos receiving signal both have to have ground or neither servo works. You can cut the power with no problem. I am going to venture to say this is due to the fail safe in the Spectrum receiver.

I even made a video of the test and took some pics of the switch buy the receiver and a full sized servo so you can see the size of it compared to something of known size.

Pics

Video

Click here for the video

After the test I have decided that if he is going to use a DX6 I would just buy a second receiver and set them up as two different models 1 for driving and blade function and the 2ND for boom functions. With this you will have the fail safe active on the receiver not being used and retain holding power on those servos or ESC's.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11