View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 09:20 PM

Orange RC Works is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/10 caterpillar 140h motor grader 3d printed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry56 View Post
I just can't get over the CAD skills. I use tinkerCad and just do really basic stuff, this is just mind boggling .
Did you do the wheels as 2 or three pieces I see the blue stripe in the middle...
Thanks, i kinda liked the challenge of figuring out a shape to model when starting out a project, also, i need to figure out how to cut a piece so i dont have to print with so much support which will all just be waste afterwards, if you know what i mean, also, the big pieces would have to be printed in sections coz i have a small printing surface, the hard part is joining the big pieces and getting them aligned and straight... anyway, i have to print the wheels in 2 pieces coz if i do it in 1 piece, i would have to remove a big piece of support because of how deep the wheel is. downside is you wont get a perfect circle when its printed in 2 pieces, i still have to figure out how to make it not wobble too much, im thinking of using a heat gun to heat it up a little bit then turning it in a drill so i can maybe push the walls.