View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Nathan the more the pic come the better it looks. How much did you have to narrow the front axle? It is coming along real;good and with the narrow tires it really came to life I think. Ed
Thanks, Ed. I think so too. The axle was narrowed quite a bit. About .6875" or about 17.5 mm. I am actually in the process of doing one right now, just for the KW. I stole the narrow axle in the photos, off my Peterbilt, for mock up purposes. It was a lift axle on that truck. The Peterbilt needs it back, so the KW has to have it's own. I think the narrow tires and rims fit the KW perfectly! I'll have to get some photos when the new axle is finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Nate truly outstanding and fast work you are making of this.. I love you pete you are doing but this is my favorite I really like the stance and the look it has I already have 2 paint jobs in mind..
Paul, thank you very much! I've been trying to keep the pace up on this build. I want to have it done before summer. With the Peterbilt, I just got so bogged down on the details. This truck is a little easier (quicker) to build. No 6x6 drivetrain, the stance was already perfect, so it didn't need any lowering, it has no lift axle, just more basic, but classic.

What are you thinking for paint? I'm all ears. Been trying to find a paint scheme that I like. I'm open to ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
This is just amazing, you would be hard pushed to find a better Needlenose. Simply awesome and inspiring, the bar has been raised boys!
Thank you Sharkey! I'm just trying to keep up with the bar that has already been so high, for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaf343 View Post
Nathen, this is awesome. I love the whole thing, your work is increadable.
Thanks Kaf. I really appreciate the comment! Keeps me motivated.