View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 777 HAUL TRUCK (1/12 size)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
That's nice! Details always sell the appearance of a model. Are you planning on welding all the super structure components together? I can see some tack welds here and there, and some screws in other places. I would think a lot of the tack welds are probably strong enough for the components that won't be stressed, like the cab, fenders, ect. A little body filler to smooth the joints over, and it would be ready for paint. I wish I was a little better at tig welding. I do all right with SMAC welding. Not to much experience with tig.
Details details....yup it does help sell the appearance...just wish it wasn't so #%$@*^& frustrating....LOL...

All the parts you see that have been bent are done by leaving a small amount of material in place, just enough to hold it together and make it easy to bend by hand, all these areas will end up getting a full weld.
They will be mig welded (.023" solid wire) "down hand" to help reduce the amount of heat and avoid to much warping...Tig would be much better...my Tig welding skills are low...scratch that...more like zero !!! Just one more thing to learn when I grow up!!!