View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 10:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road
Default Yard truck build out of leftover parts (mostly)

You know that feeling when you go through your parts and think "hey, there is enough here to build a truck"... yeah I thought that to lol. Most of the build is possible because I bought the wrong rear axle bag for my Scania build this year. (single axle vs tandem axle d'oh!)

So started with a Highlift Frame. More similar then I thought they were. I used the front and rear crossmembers from a highlift parts tree I had.

Mounted front and rear axles to the high lift frame and then mocked up the cab. Thought it looked pretty good! Fronts are just temps. I have the tires but the wheels I thought I had turned out to be outside duals.. So I had to order those and with Christmas, yeah I'll be waiting..

I mounted a step and made sure the cab sat somewhat centered on the front axle.

Mounted a fuel tank on the driver side (yeah I know it is backwards but the frame is missing some material and it just worked better this way)

Mounted up the steering. Used parts from a crawler. I think the springs are from a crawler to or something lol.

And so far this is where I am at. Waiting for wheels for front and a motor/gear reduction to show up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6cY0imeQ.jpg (157 Bytes, 87 views)
File Type: jpg LuEdB9sg.jpg (157 Bytes, 87 views)
File Type: jpg mcBZFBpw.jpg (157 Bytes, 89 views)
File Type: jpg tmZ-1hGA.jpg (157 Bytes, 88 views)
File Type: jpg uKos9Rrg.jpg (157 Bytes, 89 views)
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.