View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Barge Unloading Facility Build

ESP,

Ya, I was thinking about that yesterday as a matter of fact. I actually already have some chain and two servo heads from servo city. I may try that at some point. I wish I could find some smaller chain, I remember some bent wire stuff from an old clock or something from my boyhood tinkering days...

For those of you still following along, here is a picture I found from a company that makes the full scale systems.

The Wintech Uni-Move System is a single winch system in which cables exit the winch in both directions. This type of system is commonly referred to as a continuous loop or one rope on/one rope off system. Uni-Move is available with both single speed and variable speed drives. The winch drum is grooved and is designed to accommodate the total shuttle travel of the barge. Total travel distance in a continuous loop system is limited to the length of cable contained in a single layer.

Note where at the end they state the total available travel is limited to the single wrap cable length. " I could have told em that."

Jim