View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:59 PM

Trucker47 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Possible Solution For Tracked Equiptment

Right now I am working with Azonic to create a scale, metal track setup that will be a direct bolt on to Hitachi Zaxis machine and other machines that use that pitch. I have not got a quote from my machine shop but it should not be sky high as I may be ordering in the thousands if there is a need.

Also these will not be a $1 per link type of item as it looks like the majority of people building tracked equipment understand the cost to these pieces of metal art. They are meant to be a fair cost, scale piece of machined metal, either 7075 aluminum for its hardness, or stainless depending on the cost.

I'm not trying to be rude at all but I am not trying to make a profiting business by having injection molds and everything made like CDM mentioned. Just simply an option for people needing tracks. Because chances are if you want to buy some nice tracks you are not converting a Bruder model, you want a beautiful, scale, piece of engineering and pride.

If all goes well I may decide to sell "kits" if you want to call them that, they would include a ilder wheel, sprocket and roller wheels that would most likely only have a spot drill in the center so you can adapt them to your application.

I will post a price per link as soon as I have finalized the details.

Here is a CAD rendering of the design Azonic and myself are working on.

Any questions lemme know!

Chris