View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 06:53 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

No work for me since Monday night! With the operating engineers Local 320 being on strike, we are locked out of work. Having the past few days off, I spent some time under the welding hood. I made another grizzly, JD Yellow one that has the Cat Yellow grizz near it.

reatining walls2 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Also I made a few retaining walls from 16 gauge steel. I used pipe to weld to them, them pounded rebar into the ground through the pipe, to hold em in place.
reatining walls1 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

reatining walls4 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here we see the retaining walls in the background that are to be used for keeping the grizzly materials separated, BEFORE they were painted & unstaled.
reatining walls5 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I had previously used scale Eco Blocks to hold things together. They work OK, but don't hold up if/when stepped on. Having time, I made some retaining walls of 14 gauge steel to place behind them.
reatining walls3 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

With all them grizzlies, I needed more room to store the finished products. I expanded RCland a bit to make an area for them. In this pic the new area isn't yet finished, but is roughed in with retaining walls, & rough filled with sand to bring it to the desired height.
reatining walls6 by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Tomorrow, I hope to get the remaining retaining wall made for the grizzly, as well as finish a fe wmore retaining walls. The area that already has Eco Blocks holding it back will get dismantled. I will install retaining walls, then replace the Eco Blocks in front of those walls. This way if it's accidently stepped on, it doesn't just all fall apart. At least the steel retaining walls will still hold it together if the Eco Blocks are knocked over.