View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 05:15 PM
Journeyman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Toprace211/Huina 1550 upgrade

Ok ...it's time to get rid of these rubber tracks....

I'm going to use the metal tracks for the Huina 1580....which by the way are the exact same size as the Bruder 963 tracks...
But that means the drive gear, idler, and the little "boogie" wheels have to be changed... so I decided to 3d print them... I'm sure they will wear pretty fast but if they do I'll print another set...
I used the dimensions for the 1580 small idlers that I found on Aliexpress... and just kind of used the tracks for the big idler width and diameter and the drive gear I just experimented using the Bruder 963 drive gear and a 1580 drive gear and just made my own...

The old rollers were soft plastic and were just two plastic wheels molded on a plastic axle with the roller part on the outside edges... I cut some m3 brass to make axles and printed the rollers to work with the new tracks which need the "wheel " part centered...so I needed to notch out the old roller openings

And here it is together...

I think the drive motors are going to be the weak link here they are just 130 can motors with a series of plastic gears for reduction....I need to think of a different system before these fail...
I hope to get some painting done on it and get is finished up here soon....