View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 10:23 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

No doors or windows in the lean-to yet. I intend to take out an existing window from rear of main building, put a door in its place & move the window onto the east wall of lean-to. I didn't do it now b/c the main building is sealed (no drafts) for the winter.

Not too bad RW, once I got all the pieces clamped in place & got busy soldering. The piece that the hose fittings screw into, that piece tilted upward somewhat, would have been better if tilted down that wee bit, with the hoses in it lifts the front of the tank a bit... I didn't pressure test, I got all seams with plenty of solder... guess I'll find out when I put oil in it.

Grousers: one bar for dozers = great traction. 3 bars on this excavator, that's what they usually look like & it's for floatation. The model is heavy, I hope it doesn't slide around.

I've been busy fixing old equip the last couple days... left my camera out in the shop... fix ol' whitey's transmission - an aluminum gear in the top shaft in the middle had nearly worn smooth, good reason for it to be skipping in 2nd gear. SA loader replacing a bunch of bent track pins & re-lubricating the tracks. Stahl wheel loader, bucket cyl mount on the loader body need to make a new one. Green 6wd dump trk, putting new drive motors in.... and a few other things.

It's been great enjoyment the last week working out in the shop while it's -30's & storming. Toasty in there & plenty of space to work at different things.

Joe