View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Green Horn

dmess62 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1st time rc build

So ran into a few set backs today. I got everything to a roller. I bought a 55T motor when I went to instaall it didnt have the wires to plug it in.So I installed the original motor to test it out. The on/off switch for esc is differentthan in manual and I cant mount it on the rear catwalk. The leads for the motor are too short to reach the esc in factory mount location. The motor trans setup sits too far forward and hits the steering servo. The steering servo keeps losing center, not sure if when mounting the horn if I am turning the gears or something. So when I got everything into a "running" roller and turned on the moto just whines, doesnt go forward or reverse. A couple of times it started to go into gear but sounded like the trans slipping.
So I decided enough for one day, and put it up. Trying to read of on trans/receiver info some more, but it might as well be in Dutch. Also not much info on receivers. It has a small box with wires like its wireless, and the manual for truck has an antenna lead.
Neded to do some more research This is all new to me