View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 09:00 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Yeah, I was gonna try a ripper on the 850. With the 80lbs weight & high working pressure, it might be effective... though this heavy clay sub soil is very hard.

I've given thought to a grinding head too, but trying to find a suitable electric motor with enough power, proper rpm and not too large in size has been difficult. I'd like to build a "terrain leveler" or "asphalt reclaimer" with a 3" dia drum. I was thinking I could ardox nails for replaceable teeth.

Damitz's hyd motor turns very slow, and extreme heat in the hyd oil system could be a problem. Chances of obtaining any parts from Damitz is very remote too; Lou, Greg & I have been waiting 3yrs this June for an order of a half dozen hyd pumps.

Justin, the short wheelbase 6wd white Globe has the most miles on it, it's the most diverse pulling 3 different trls: end dump, belly dump & lowboy. I could by with just that trk.

I've talk myself into finally building a decent sized garage this summer, a properly heated work area so I have somewhere to work during the winter with bigger better metal working tools. Bigger mill, lathe, chop saw, mig... build bigger better models in the future. It'll be great to have a heated room to thaw out my quad everyday too, as it gets full of frozen mud & ice during spring calving, can't be without that machine - not even for one day!