View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 07:10 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

So today was changing the Jung pump in JD450 from a 0,45ml/rev (4003) to a 0,30 (4002). The only difference between the two pumps is the width of each gear, both gears same diameter. 0,45 has a gear width of 7.36mm & the 0,30 is 4.9mm. And luckily the gear slides off the shaft so I don't have to modify shaft length.

But the way the narrower gear fits shorter shaft, then fits into its respective pump body, the length sticking out is 3mm too short for the gear reduction! Fortunately I have another 0,30 pump with a short shaft & that entire pump assembly will fit properly into the JD450 gear reduction and the other 0,30 pump will still work on the direct drive.

The wide gear that's now on the long shaft, I intend to try out that pump on the JD850, as its currently using a 0,30ml/rev (4002) pump. A 30% increase of flow for the JD850 with its three 18mm (boom & bucket) & 22mm (stick) pistons vs all four 14mm pistons in the JD450.

Plus my gear reduction in the JD450 was getting noisy, kinda looks like the previous grease melted away. Got some hi-temp wheel bearing grease today, hope it does the trick.

Joe