Thread: CAT Truck
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: CAT Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy8305 View Post
The reason the Cat engine is no longer produced for on road truck is the emissions problems they had and when their competition who is cummins came out with the new ISX which had very few emissions issues CAT was basically forced to stop producing the engines because no one wanted to buy them for their vehicles anymore I know this because I have talked to sales reps for CAT and I have friends who work for CAT
So your saying Cat stopped making on highway engines and Cummins is still building them has nothing to do with diesel credits that cummins has been buying for years and are now using to avoid penalties on engines that don't meet emissions? Cat did not buy the credits and has to pay penalties for engines that do not meet emissions. As far as no one wanting to buy the Cat engines anymore that is not true for our dealership. We had many of our bigger companies we work with that stocked up on engines before production was stopped to keep there trucks running on Cat power for as long as they can.

Cat's main focus is there machines and Cummins is there engines, what they are both best at. Who is to say that Cat is just not sitting back to see what emissions technology works well for others and then invest in that and start producing engines again?

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11