View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 05:40 PM

Mech_Eng is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Corpus Christi Tx

Howdy all, I recently got the RC bug and am trying it out. My first purchase was a king hauler and a Grizzly 6 x 20 milling machine. I took a couple of machining and welding classes in college while I was studying mechanical engineering(Texas Tech University) which have helped out quite a bit so far.

For my day job, I work as a quality manager for a company that builds offshore oil rigs. It is kind of ironic, I work with thick heavy material all day at work and then come home and drill/tap tiny holes in tiny pieces of material

Anyway, this is a great forum with lots of good information and I'm glad to be here. I would post pics of my KH build but I don't want to be "that guy" that posts photos of a start of a build and does not finish.........

So far I have milled some stretched frame rails from flat bar and machined a custom cab mount so I could raise the motor/tranny a bit for more ground clearance. I currently have a rolling day cab chassis with nothing on the rear end, I'm thinking gin pole truck but we shall see............aside from building stuff, I like salt water fishing, target shooting, beach bumming and grabbing gears in my (new to me) 2014 corvette