View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 02:50 PM

Animal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MFU Coupler Switch: Required?

The original release of the MFU-01, came with a new 5th wheel. Did you buy the complete MFU, or the newer striped down version that doesn't come with all the plastic trees? It shouldn't be a problem, I downloaded a copy of the Knight Hauler manual, if you look at your manual, section (35), it indicates that the truck does come with the correct 5th wheel and how to install the swich, unless there was a revision done at some point and you somehow got a truck with the old one like the King Hauler, or Globe Liner did. As far as the function of the switch, I have had no problems like some people did. Just make sure there are no burs on the parts that could affect the movement of the switch or the hook, don't tighten the screws to much, and use a dab of ceramic grease on the hook. And in regards to the MFU cutting power to the motor until the switch is closed, I haven't checked it out with a meter, and I Don't really see the purpose of doing that, But I have heard it mentioned here and there on the forum.

Hope this helps,
Pete