View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 10:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nylint michigan crane conversion, hopefully

Thanks again truckmaker. So far I've only knocked a little rust off and restrung it.

Stuff don't resist, you need one of these too... Do it!
I'd originally been looking for a Unit crane, but these are bigger, much more available, and signifigantly cheaper. Or there's a Tonka crane/dragline that has a kinda Bucyrus Erie look, or a Structo that's just kinda weird and out of scale.

Thanks fab, i really like these.

Skeeter, the orange one (doepkey 1/16 Unit 357 Crane) was quietly picked up and has only appeared with a custom drawbar as the 'coolest trailer ever' in the Structo dump thread, maybe in my 'town' thread, and has followed me to a meet once.
The faded original yellow one (nylint 1/16 Michigan T24 Crane) was Truckmakers, there was a thread of his around here somewhere when he got it.
They're both still just static toys.

I might be working on a set of drums and pulleys for the Unit, and would like to rebuild a Clamshell to actually work correctly instead of toy style.

Georges crane still needs the pin on the truck tapped for some kind of thrust bearing to hold the bushings tighter, and a better counterweight made. It gets too tippy with the extension and big bucket, pulls out of mesh on the slew ring