View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 02:16 PM

dremu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1:10 Land Rover Defender 4x4, mini tow rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry56 View Post
Nice looking truck.... The body came out pretty nice hard to tell it's a 3D print. The tires look like WPL and from the sounds of it your 2 speed trans is WPL also. If so then Frizzen is right there is a single speed transfer case that might work for you ..
Wrt the body, thanks. Did take a bit of sanding, and filler primer and paint hide most of the print artifacts. There's some of the diagonal lines from the slicer being confused, I think, but yeah, overall not bad. And cheaper than buying the pre-made shells which weren't what I wanted anyway.

Ah yeah, "WPL" sounds familiar. I bought a bunch of bits sold as spares on Aliexpress, so I wasn't too caught up in their specific application. The tires cam on a set of plastic axles for a 6x6, green wheels and tiny leaf springs. I think the motor/transfer box was separate, and then the axles were actually all-metal, fairly nice.

As long as I keep it on a 2S LiPo it doesn't run too fast, has enough torque to pull the trailer, I just have to remember not to go full throttle. I'm used to the big trucks, which are way heavier and geared lower. The PLS has a a 4:1 gear reducer on an 80T 540 , and the HETS just has a stupidly big gear motor.

Last edited by dremu; 04-24-2021 at 11:09 AM.