View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 03:09 AM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Volvo FH12 Flatbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItalian View Post
i dnt want to be mean,but u have the wrong frame for the built that u want...u need to strech the frame minimum 10'' then u will need a second stering axel with a servo on it,to go up and down just like the real one,and eventualy either a crane or a trailer,then u will have a bad *** truck...just a idea.
Hey AzItalian, you aren't being mean. I know the frame is not the correct length for a flatbed. The truck has a stock frame as of now, which will not be present in it's final stage.

I'm not sure at this point whether I want anything special on the truck. I have two 3-axle tractor-trailers in my fleet, and was hoping to mix it up with this one. I think I will be sticking with a 2-axle standard flatbed, at least, for now.

I should say that the picture of the 1:1 is only there because it has the low-side "brick-load" style bed, and Volvo cab. The trailer, 3rd axle, and crane were not meant to be on my truck.

The roof is being stripped, and should be ready in a few days (ran out of thinner). The bumper is ready for primer, but the cab needs minor trimming before it is ready. Then some paint!

Does anyone have any idea of how to mask off the trim pieces? (handles and wipers)

Thanks for your comments guys!