View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM

catmack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Joe,

What is the track pitch for the "bolt-on pad" machines you have? (you may have already told me some of them)...I am planning to run a batch or two or three of several different size pads in aluminum in a series of pitches I already have drawn and quoted to start. What I am interested in doing is starting a construction model/undercarriage/equipment business for this hobby and want to know if there is interest in a "discussion" for input to see if there is some common requirements and/or suggestions people would like to see come to market in addition to my own ideas . This would be a good platform for everyone to have an opportunity to express their desires. I plan on offering complete track assemblies with sprocket blanks like others have commented on so, it may not make a difference, I could just fly with a step up (incremental) product that is able to interchange components within the same pitch and cross-scale the pitches to minimize how many large quantity stock orders placed with the raw material supplier. I plan on aluminum and steel link and pad assemblies or what ever works out economically to start. The photo attached is a sample of the aluminum pad. I have a better photo if you want to see a closer look. I need to talk to the administrator at this point I think so I don't overstep the rules. This post would most likely need to be moved to maybe a more appropriate thread?? I am posting this because you are running your models steadily and be good for feedback. thanks, Colin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Model Tracks 073.jpg (83.2 KB, 49 views)