View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 12:42 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 8x8 chassis under-guts... anyone tried this?

Thanks Travis,

I wasn't gonna take the 4x4 forum guys word, and they tend to drive their trucks harder (on average) than we do, though we have a few exceptions, eh Joe?

Any chance you could see your way to trying the axle-part-swap I mentioned? Are the parts compatible enough? Please let me know either way, as if you don't try it, I'm halfway tempted either way to try it myself!

I'm asking (about the swap) as instead of the 3-axle setup you'd make with their kit ($280 US w/ free driveshafts - $60 value) this would enable a 8x8, but you'd need 2x #1 Front axle & 2x #2 Mid axle, then drive shafts too, and you can't just buy a spare to add to the 3-axle kit (wrong parts)

I did read the assessment you posted, did note the 'can't be mixed with Tamiya' part, so its all or nada issue, but otherwise, you seemed to say anyone with basic skills and minimal tools can mount them up. This correct?

Any word on how they have held up after almost 24 months of use?

And the word from Integy is they aren't high on the list (the 'new' axle'), but the axles ~ARE~ outsourced/made overseas. If we could find the maker, perhaps we could influence them with some tweaks, and with making the front-driven (aka #2 of 4) axle, hm?

All-Wheel-Drive/All-Wheel-Steer would also enable WW2 vehicles like all the 232 Puma Armored car variants... amongst others...

Anyone?