View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3D printing KH Body Attempt

Thanks everybody, I hope it turns out well too. I've spent countess sleepless nights learning and playing with my printer since I got it in Dec. for someone who likes to build and design stuff it's pretty **** neat.
Pugs, it's ABS and I have done some smoothing using acetone by quickly dunking and hanging the part to dry, works well on solid parts but any holes and the part will defo from trapped acetone inside. This process you posted seems like the way to go...although I have to admit playing with acetone and heat makes me a tad nervous. Ill look into that more. My printer can produce some really nice surfaces... Having to print this in sections then glue together I'm going to be doing some filling and sanding anyway. But with a couple coats of primer and paint I think I'll get the results I need. Thanks for posting the link.
Ihbuilder, that's impressive, can't beat that on the cool scale. Good luck. I should be done with my print once I get the design figured out and cut up in 8-10 hrs of print time. How long you estimate your mill job to take?