View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Very nice - more progress please.....
Thank you Izzy. I'm working on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey Nathan, have you considered anodizing the truck instead of paint? Looking good!
cheers, Neil.
Thanks Neil. Yes, I have considered anodizing more than once. Especially for the for the chassis and axles. The thing that worries me about anodizing is I think that process builds up a protective, hardened layer on the aluminum and I haven't accounted for that. I am worried things would not fit back together again, as I haven't machined my parts undersized to allow for it. I'm also worried that some parts might get lost in the process, or in transit. For the cab, it's a casting, and not quite perfect, even though it's pretty nice. There are some minor little low spots and things I would like to smooth over with body filler. Anodizing wouldn't really cover those well, unless I went with a matte type finish, and I think I'd rather have a shiny truck. Hmmm, matte black or blue, with polished aluminum parts though....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Wow that's too cool Hey if you don't like painting maybe get it anodized, powder coated, or even hydro dipped like this body:

Have fun!
That's a sweet looking shell, Trucker_Jo! I think if I do any painting, I'll be sending the cab out for a custom job. The chassis painting, I can handle. Actually, let's put it this way. I do fine painting single color schemes. It's the masking I am not good at, with multi-color schemes. Hydro-dipping is something I never considered. Might be an option! Thanks.