View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Premacon motor flange adapter for wedico transmission

Well after testing, I was able to match exactly the speed I was achieving with the original buhler motor. I made a 11'-4" drag strip in the hallway carpet to see how long it took to cross the finish line in each of the 3 gears. I took an average of 4 tries in each gear. Then I matched the time using the faulhaber motor by adjusting the throttle end points. So I went from 100% down to 77% to match the speed.
Now I am ready for actual uphill on dirt. I had previously observed the performance with the buhler motor. So I had a feel for it. Now with the faulhaber, performance was slightly less but hard to notice. Runtime however was less with using faulhaber. Mostly due to the 6volt faulhaber motor and probably pulling a ton of amps from the 3s lipo I'm assuming?
Since my pinion was barely screwed on to the motor shaft and the pinion was only about 35% on the spur due to the adapter spacer, I decided to put the buhler motor back on. Unless I find a faulhaber 3557k012cr with a longer 12tooth pinion, my experiment was a failure. Still an amazing and quiet operating motor!!

Last edited by liftmys10; 03-03-2019 at 01:43 PM.