Thread: Volvo EC300D
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Volvo EC300D

You guys are right about the friction issue for sure. The valve my father inlaw made has 1 3/8 plugs. I haven't figured it out but at 28 bar thats a huge amount of force! Another problem with it is that it's all aluminum and even with oil in it starts to score itself under that pressure. The one I made is so much smaller (plugs are .680)and with the plugs made of brass seems to be a little better but my machining skills are not that great so it leaks down too much. My father inlaw is coming over tonight so that I can show him what I've made. Hopefully he can make something similar on the cnc at work.

We were tossing around the idea of running a bearing in the top of the valve body to help with the side load on the plug but I think maybe a shim washer of some kind as mentioned may be easier. I think I will ask him to make this valve from steel as well so that it wears better. Weight is not an issue anyway here.

The pump is a 0.3, and my hoses are rated at around 300psi working pressure, 1200psi bursting pressure. I think the pump is a little small for the size of my cylinders. I'm picking up a larger, higher rpm motor from the hobby shop today so we'll see if that picks up the volume. I'm using a DX8 but I had planned on running the pump off of the gear switch because it's the only channel left. Can I still mix the pump if I do that? It will probably help if I can.

Thanks for all the help guys! I really appreciate it!

Reg

Thanks