View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 02:55 PM

jj650 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Project Cheap Hauler 6x6 W900

I got the G.T. Power cargo truck sound unit/light kit module. Again, it fit the cheap budget theme.

Once i understood the sketchy directions and watched a few YouTube videos in foreign languages i was able to get it properly hooked up.

I'm running it with a Turnigy i9x in mode 2, throttle on left stick. I ordered another steering gimble so i could use the spring return parts for the throttle stick and now both sticks self center.

With the GT power unit once the transmitter is powered up you move the left (throttle) stick to the right position and this starts up the engine. If you do not start the engine the truck will not have power to the ESC. Which i'm running an Axial AE5 crawler esc because the drag brake function is pretty nice. All other functions will operate; steering, lights, horn but the truck will not move unless the engine is started first. This position also shuts the engine off and an air release noise is emitted.

The only complaint i have is for the size of the speaker it isn't loud enough. I have it taped up in the sleeper pointing down and back. At a recent indoor show where there was background noise and people talking my truck was hard to hear running. I'm going to look into a smaller, louder speaker if i can find one.

The LED's are labeled and self explanatory. I did have to add five additional yellow 3mm LED's for the cab lights. The GT kit didn't have enough.