View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 01:34 PM

TylerDSAudi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Progress Thread - 8750 Marion Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
You said you work at a mine as an oiler. You should be able to get all the dimensions you need from your company's engineering or maintenance dept. IF THEY WILL LET YOU. maybe you can say it's advertising to the company.

I see the joysticks Tom linked. Like I said earlier; I don't know much about this stuff. I do know there is lots more available these days than when I started out. Maybe this stuff is heavy duty enough to handle a large duty cycle. Depending on how big you're machine will be, remember it's going to have to work very hard handling a bucket full of dirt swinging 10feet way. Thats the case for me. Each bucket weighs about 12-15lbs and with my overkill in my electrics, there is never any overheating whatsoever.
Yeah i wish it was that easy, I would have had to go through all the lawyers first, then civil departments ect... I have them looking into me using the colours, name and they want their company on it if i do, which I am totally fine with. One of my fav draglines of all time!

Yeah, I just need a lot of help on the electronics end. I do know anything on these subjects of all these haha. I do want to make it as simple as I can. AS little stuff i need to make it all work, that makes less go wrong in my mind.