View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 07:36 PM

TylerDSAudi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Progress Thread - 8750 Marion Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvjimd View Post
This sounds like a good approach to the project. I think you indicated something between toy and scale model? I like to try and keep stuff simple when I can and if it doesn't over complicate things I do stuff so it looks "sort of scale". I think there are some projects that stall during construction because of over optimistic ideas at the start. I know this from experience and even my current crawler project which I don't claim to be very scale or detailed is just complicated enough to make me groan and nearly give up at least once a day!

So, keep at it, I like it already! I have all kinds of MDF, never thought of making something that big and using MDF for part of the project.

Take lots of pictures and keep em coming!

Jim
Thank you! Yeah mine has done that to me I'm always over thinking everything and changing designs and how I want to do steps in the build, but that's why we do this cause we're crazy people . I'm building this as a working model and toy to play with. Once it works how I want it, then I can start adding detail for the model scale side like railings, vents ect..

MDF is my favourite wood to work with for things like this, as you can shape it how ever you want! Great wood to do things like this and the house so far isn't too bad for weight either!