View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 04:37 PM

TylerDSAudi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Progress Thread - 8750 Marion Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
TYLERDSAudi-why don't you try to reduce the size of your pictures. I don't think there is a link for the pulleys you need. Those you will have to make or have made. If you are looking to build cheap, this may not be the best project for you. Even modeling is very expensive these days. Some of your parts will have to be custom made-($$$$). Motors and electronics-($$$$)-I wish you luck-maybe it can be done.
That is the size that they get uploaded up as, I tried to downsize them with no luck. There's a difference in building cheap and building cheap with no money. One of my talents in sourcing stuff from big names to the little guys, with half the price and sometimes better quality. The pulleys have had no luck in finding as the closet thing I have found with a grove in the middle for the rope is tank wheels, but very slim pickings at best. I have found a set of plastic wheels that I'm using for mock up, but over time I would like to replace them with metal sets. I'm hoping to mostly be able to buy everything I need to speed up the build and if I can't buy it then I will make it over time.