View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 12:52 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Yes Jim, simple jaw, though I don't know exactly what the offset of the eccentric shaft iis. And yes, the drier the clay - the better it crushes. When screening the fines out & piling the lumps for a period of time again helps shorten drying... but there is some lumps with a bit of moisture within & it does build up near the top of the fixed jaw, I scrape with a wooden paint stir stick. The jaw opening is about 1/4... could go down as narrow as 1/8, but crush time could quadruple, depending on amount of rock quantity & size.

I don't know the conversion on Celsius vs Fahrenheit either... quick google tells me 42C = 107.6F... the hottest temps I've ever been in was during the early 90's of my harvester days, 117F; we circled back to NW Kansas in late July after they had 17" rain in 17 days, I spent more time outside slinging chains being stuck - then getting back into an ice cold cab... I caught the worst summer cold of my life to date!

That 40 heat wave caused a lot of crop damage this yr resulting in mega $ losses for what otherwise could of been a lottery yr.

Thanx Tom Majority harvest completed a few days ago, currently very wet outside, back in the Lil Giants workshop today tuning up digging equipment & headed for the basement here shortly to resume basement digging activities once again, haven't done any digging in nearly two years. Still have about 5 cubes of dirt to haul outside before winter in a few months.

Joe