Thread: Paypal Peeve
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Paypal Peeve

Smart Racer:

I dinna know that about loss of safety with the 'send as gift' option, and appreciate the heads up.

There is a growing alternative to PayPal, at least within Canada: Interac electronic email transfers http://www.interac.ca/

At present, it is only good within Canada (Canadian bank w/ Canadian funds), but that may change. My idjit nephew always sends me money that way, and its convenient as all he-ck.

As for PayPal fees - I often chip in to cover half the fees if I'm buying, and they offered a good price and are going the extra mile with "shipping issues" (aka the boneheads at Customs, and using USPS instead of couriers). There are a few retailers that ask for a 'subsidy', and because they have what I want, and at a better price even with the tack-on, I do it (non-eBay)

If I see it on eBay, I report 'em. They can have their seller status revoked for asking.

As for here... I think any seller that ASKS for the 'gift' option or the subsidy, should be noted and their buy/sell access revoked. Its like sales tax for a retailer, its the cost of doing business - don't like it, QUIT.

And for what its worth... 3% is MUCH less than ~any~ sales tax anywhere I know that HAS tax.

Just my 2 Cdn. coppers,
Whitewolf