View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What??! A Belt drive??

Freddy,

Thanks for all the info. I am totally digging your tractor builds. You inspired me to try this myself, but my tractor will be red, if I can make it work half as good as yours. I wondered about belt slip myself. Another reason I went with the chain drive. My only real concern now is will the torque put on the input shaft of the axle wear things fast? Bearings might be better then bushing for once, but I know these bushings handle a ton of a abuse too. But still, the gear mesh changes when the torque of a chain is pulling hard on the shaft, as the sprocket tries to climb the chain. There is a little slop in the shaft with bushings and probably bearings too. I guess time will tell.

For me, it's a toss up on the tires. I think they both look good on the tractors, but I prefer the narrow lugged tires myself. I ordered up the same ones for my tractor. I am a little curious what rims you are running. There is a wealth of 2.2 rims out there, many with different offsets. I took a guess and just bought some cheap $7 rims, and when they arrive, then I'll know if they were a good buy or not.

Enjoyed the videos! Thanks for posting them.