View Single Post
Old 03-25-2022, 12:26 PM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3D Filament color match to Bruder

I got the sample of "Green Bay" yellow from COEX yesterday. The Green Bay yellow and the Construction yellow kind of fall on opposite sides of the spectrum to the yellow that Bruder uses. The green Bay is too light and actually has an orangish tint to it, while the Construction yellow is too dark and has a bit of a brown tint. Of the 2 colors, I think Construction yellow will be the winner - IF they still make it. But I think they do, the last time I looked on-line it was still available.

I found that Paramount's Pantone 3546C is an almost exact match to the Bruder red, it's a bit lighter, but it's only available in 0.75Kg spools. I had a spool of Paramount's Enzo red and really liked it. I liked it so much I used it on other projects to the point where, when I got done printing the last part I only had about 6" of filament left. When I tried ordering another roll, I found that they were no longer offering that color. I later found out that they had so many requests that they made more of the color - but they gave it a different name. (Maybe Ferrari had a hissy-fit about the Enzo red?) I'll stick with the Pantone 3546C, it'll ALWAYS be Pantone 3546C.

The roll of Scarlet that I ordered from COEX did not match the Scarlet sample that I got from them. At first I thought I screwed up and ordered the wrong color, so I ordered ANOTHER roll. I didn't screw up, apparently they changed their color formula. For a while EVERYTHING got printed in Scarlet, I finally got both rolls used up.

Don

Last edited by ddmckee54; 03-25-2022 at 12:31 PM.