View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 12:42 AM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mack R model ten wheeler dump

I took the lift out tonight and tried a few things and I still can't get it further forward. I think longer arms may help but how this thing is designed I can't move the mounting of the lift any further forward. So even with longer arms it still will be pivoting in the same spot, thus longer arms will decrease leverage..... I will just have to test it out soon..

So after all that I kept working on the cab and box....I mounted the battery boxes,stack and trimmed the roof for cab lights. My next issue will be a front bumper...I'm going with the look of a steel bumper I started with plastic but I think I want to put a nice pice of steel up front I case I run into something... These old Mack's were bullet proof so I'm going to keep it in true form.

I test fitted the air cleaner and mounted the dog on the hood...after I get everything fitted I will think about paint...

Im not sure I like the budd rims on this truck. I was looking at spoke rims on eBay but they were the same ones as rc4wd sell and in my opinion don't look good...has anyone made good looking spokes wheels?