Thread: Volvo EC300D
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Volvo EC300D

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Reg. she's looking real nice! Is the Lincoln in the picture your main tig and how do you like it . Been a long time since I used one, but would like to get back at it again. Just looking to see witch one is the better mach. What's your take on the Miller.
Rob
Disclaimer; I am not a welder and have no formal training in anything therefore I do not know WTF I'm talking about at the best of times but here it goes

I have a Miller Diversion 165(which I'd like to sell) and the Lincoln Precision 225. My Dad and I originally bought the Miller because it was the most affordable TIG that could weld Al, stainless ect, and it suited our needs well at the time but I started making headache racks and other stuff so I wanted more amperage. We picked up the Lincoln used back in Feb(only 3 months old) of this year and I really like it but it should be better as its twice the price of the Miller new and has more features.

Before we picked up the 225 I did a lot of research and it seems like both Lincoln and Miller are very competitive in any size or type of machine and that it usually depends on which color your more used to.

One thing that I will say though is that our Diversion is an inverter style(50lbs) and the lincoln is the transformer style(288lbs) so the size factor is a pain plus all the new inverter type welders in either color are much less power hungry for their given outputs. A welder friend of mine suggested that I save up for a Miller Dynasty 200(inverter type) but it was way out of my price range and probably too complex for my level of understanding so I bought the Lincoln and I'm very happy.

So go out and buy one! What's your favorite color? Red or Blue?

Reg

Last edited by RCP57; 11-29-2011 at 10:36 AM.