Thread: RCP Compound
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
That dump sounds good Reg, I couldn't quite hear if you said your going to recondition it, I see why your not loading it heavy, since the bed went into a short free fall coming down.
Looking forward to your videos on building the roads in your new piles.
It would be nice to fix it up eventually. Pretty tough to find any parts here now though. Most of these trucks around here were cut up a long time ago. The bed powers down so the third stage of the cylinder pulls and then once it passes the balance point it free falls to the second stage(my model is built to simulate this). It was really scary the first couple of times we used the truck years ago. You get used to it but kinda always wonder if it's going to come crashing down.lol I think the pump is the main reason it won't lift a heaped box. We have another one but haven't tried swapping it(only had the truck since the mid 80's). It will dump a fair bit more than what I was carrying in the video but I was scared of getting the truck stuck where I was dumping the dirt. The truck will get stuck on wet grass empty and it disappears out of sight when loaded. Go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
Thx for the video Reg
Don't get any funny ideas and add a receiver to the full size Euclid .....
Nice looking model work area

greg
No plans for that Greg but if I have my way there will be a mid-sized version of the old truck built one day and it will be RC. Next time you're flying over land in the field and come for a visit! Maybe someday you up-island boys can come down for a weekend. I need some help!