View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Carson Goldhofer

You have one of the PMD/Tamiyas too? or the PMD/Wedico one? I'd love to see a side/by/side comparison. From what I understand, only diff is the tires and rims, all the rest is the same.

As for weight, you're right, they'd be more of a 'balance' thing than weight distribution. At this scale, you're more likely to tip the trailer than crack the extender.

I've3 seen those videos on Youtube of 'failed' loading actions, and many are because the bed us too narrow andd the track slips off. Add the extender & board, and you have that extra surface. Doesn't need to support as much as stabilize the load.

But I still say, those double-hinged ramps are really neat. Think I have a Euro show vid with a trailer that had these actuated remotely (not too difficult, I think)

Another question, is there enough support at the mid-hinge when they are extended? I'd love a good close-up side-shot. Also like that it has fore and aft landing-jacks. Much better stability when loading (though they'd need work to be remote-triggered)