View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Old ones didn't have as much height on top of teeth and more taper angle. But they were worn a bit. The new ones are also side tapered towards the top of teeth. I hope that will help pierce any dirt that gets in links verses them being more flat packing it in there. Didn't have much of a problem before unless I would have a lot of dirt roll into the tracks from side pushing or sharp turns.

And went up to the local cat dealer today for service on some equipment and brought the d11 with, told them I needed work on a d11 and had it in the back of my pick up truck,,,yeah, it went quiet,,, then a couple of them came out to look. Before long they pretty much shut down and had about 30 people out checking it out. I think they enjoyed seeing it and said to bring it and anything else up again.

And it's not often these guys come to the dealership for trade or service but I got to see an older d11 up close. I wish I would have taken a pic of blade.

The pictures don't do it any justice, I'm 6' and was eyelevel with lower part of drive sprocket.