View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 08:11 PM

TaltosVT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Green Mountain Girl - Grand Hauler Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dremu View Post
Oh, baby, the FSi6 is an amazing radio. There's a whole ecosystem of new firmware for them to expand them to 14 channels (or more!), change the switches around, add new controls, etc etc.

https://github.com/qba667/FlySkyI6/

is a good starting point, with the original firmware hack, and then if you want to get Arduino-crazy, I have a page too

http://www.slosh.com/rc/flysky/addl6switches/
I'm definitely going to have to check these out. The further I've gotten into the build, the more light channels I'm finding that I want. I'm also just starting to teach myself Arduino (I can blink LEDs :-) ) so that'll be interesting to study.

I've actually finished up the major build of the truck, just a few more details to add. I'll keep going with my in-progress photos here, and try to get caught up on posting.

So, next up was priming the rear fenders:

For the tires, I decided to try a few ideas to see if I liked any sort of "Goodyear" look. Running this photo past friends, the overwhelming vote was to leave them factory black. The Tamiya name in white was a very close second.

Assembling tires and wheels:

Fenders painted and bolted on:

Wheels added. Officially a rolling chassis!

Adding the side steps. I scraped the chrome off the raised bits and painted them black for a "grip tape" look.

Masking off the air tanks, and scraping the chrome so that I can paint the hangers.

Passenger step in place:

Adding the ESC. I hid this in the driver's side step. I had to carve out a bit of the back to get it to fit. If I was to do it again, I think I'd put it in the sleeper cab.

Driver's side step. ESC on/off switch it underneath, and easily reachable without picking up the truck.

How she looks at the end of the night:

-Elroy