View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 02:40 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Got my 3rd trl box welded together this week... just need to make the front hitch & figure out the rear frame to make it steerable with a Actuonix actuator.

I put a mount on the 490 bucket to use with the 850, its shape & long teeth makes it an awesome digging bucket... the power of the 850 however, silver soldering not strong enough, a few spot welds with the mig to strengthen it.

The clay is really sticky, I'm using the 850 bucket to keep the trench wide... I'm digging a trench to start to get a straight wall bc these model excavators don't have the side way power to do straighten wall afterward unless you're digging directing at the face, make sense? Buffed the rust off the sides & bottom of bucket, and tried a couple of different lubricants hoping it'll glide through the trench easier... didn't do much & both were wiped clean after a couple of passes. I sharpened the teeth up too.

Last 2 pics show the next cut being soaked up, start digging in July.

Joe