View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 03:56 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

Quote:
Originally Posted by thercfreak2012 View Post
nice progress nathan well done dude
Thank you thercfreak! Lots more to go yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiebuba350 View Post
It's fun size
Oh it's fun all right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Looks good Nathan. It will be interesting to see the " highways" of wiring fit inside the cab!
Kent, it will be pretty interesting. I would like to use a couple terminal strips to route and keep the wiring job tidy, but we'll see how much space I have. I will most likely need to branch multiple circuits off the same terminals...either those on the M20+, or off a terminal strip. Might do a combination of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Crazy View Post
Your workmanship never stops amazing me. I'll be watching for your next installment! I'll be back at mine soon...I hope.
Thanks for the kind words Steve. You've got some nice trucks in your collection, so if you have something planned for the future, I'll be sure to watch out for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHaul View Post
Nathan, that truck sure is turning out great. Very nice work.
Thank you Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Nice work Nathan. I curse when dealing with a sleeper full of electronics never mind a day cab
So I guess the doors get dark windows eh? I really like that speaker mount you used. I purchased what looks like the same size as yours but no mounting plate. Did you make or purchase?

Mario
Mario, yup, the windows are going to be all tinted on this one, but I decided having lights and sound was worth loosing the interior. My speaker mount is home made. One half is actually part of my battery tray, and at the front half has a real simple spacer with a screw passing though it. Servonaut does make a speaker box for this particular speaker, but it's to big to fit under the hood, so I'll save it for another project. If you are looking for some posts to mount your speaker to, take a look at McMaster-Carr. Do a search for 'stand offs' and you'll get a lot of results. You can also search for 'spacers' and you'll find round ones like I used. I'm going to be changing mine out, in the front. I haven't ordered the stand off I want to use, but it is a post with a male threaded portion on one end, and a female on the other. That way the male end can tighten down my battery plate, and stay there. If I want to remove the speaker, I can thread (or unthread) a screw into the top of the stand off post, since it's a female thread.

Here are a couple better pictures of the speaker. The earlier photos were a little hard to see what was going on. The acrylic plate I used still had the protective paper on it, and the electronics hid some details. Take a look at these....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmess62 View Post
man the 5th wheel mount looks awesome very real and scale looking
Thank you Dave! I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Very nice job Nathan well thought out and it should be a show winner when you get it done. Ed
Thanks Ed. Let's hope! I've certainly got enough time stuck into it.