View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 12:32 PM

Coastway Trailers is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: CoastWay Trailers

Hi everyone, I happened across this thread about my trailers and thought I would pop in and say hi. I am glad you like your trailer "trucker n"! I enjoyed reading the comments here.

I did relocate from the Seattle area to northern Idaho this year. Finally got all settled and started building some trailers on October 1st.

I designed my trailers in late 2012, and am glad to see people like them. I saw a comment on the beavertail, about how much weight it could carry. Basically, if a 2 axle real life trailer without bed strut supports can carry it, then an equal scale weight could be carried on mine. As a side note though, I am currently not building the beavertail at this time, since I need to concentrate on the flat decks and drop deck orders.

For example, it can not carry the weight of a 45lb 870K loader, 45 lbs scales to 123000 lbs, and no real life 2 axle drop deck can carry that kind of weight either. A drop deck with a 2 axle spread would have a legal weight limit of about 20k lbs on each axle, which scales to about 7.25lbs per axle on a 1/14th scale trailer. So if you had a 30 lb load and 15lbs was on the tractor drivers and front axle, then that would leave 15lbs on the trailers 2 spread axles.

Anyways just wanted to say hi, and thanks for all the nice comments, I appreciate it!!

CoastWay Trailers

Darwin