View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 09:52 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

Yes, it was on charge. No, not in a lipo bag. I have never dropped a lipo. That 3s looked like brand new, no puffiness to it at all.

It was this charger, though mine doesn't have any brand name stamped on it anywhere.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

Upon much thought, I'm 99% sure it was operator error, so don't go thinking lipos are unpredictable and unsafe...

1) I know I pulled a 4s lipo off the charger
2) I know I put a 3s in its place to charge
3) I can't remember if I change settings from 4s to 3s... if not?, why didn't the charger alarm sound off for wrong voltage limit?
a) the charger is defective?
b) a full charged 3s might have been placed on wrong side of charger making me think it needed charging, and being full charged would put the voltage within the limits of low voltage on 4s. I don't remember looking at the starting voltage when starting to charge.

I got too complacent charging/using lipos & didn't follow my personal checklist to a "T"!!!

Putting this conveyer on my airdrill has been way more intensive this past week than I thought it be... tomorrow it should be working... I got it home today, hooked up to Big Red & discovered I made a minor mistake in the hydraulic plumbing, just gotta change a couple of fittings. .. another trip to town...

And I got a call mid last week to do some custom wire rolling, 25miles from home. I was told it was less than 2miles of 4 wire, but it turned out to be just about 3miles of 4 wire, about 11actual miles of wire... it had to be done asap - changing landowners, renter didn't want to loose his fence material investment and it had to be done a certain way which made it more work & more time to do. Offloaded Ranger 9am Sunday morning - reloaded 9pm that night... now I was really tired & sore last night & usually an hour or so operating rc's is a great way to wind down & do something pleasureable...helps me sleep better...

A moments inattention just about cost me my house.

I'm still gonna charge lipos out in the shop from now on, in a metal - fire proof box! It takes about 70 minutes for 3s & a 100 minutes for 4s; I'm not gonna sit there & watch each one charge. But I will definitely never forget to follow my checklist at start of charge ever again to be certain everything is exactly as it should be!

Joe